Anuloma Viloma Alternate Nostril Breathing
The only Balancing Pranayam is alternate nostril breathing known as Anulom Viloma.
Position of Hands Vishnu Mudra
Fold the first two fingers of the right hand to the base of the thumb and keep the last 2 fingers straight. This Pranayam acts like a thermostat to the body where the working of left and right nostril known as Ida and Pingala: a moon and sun channel respectively, is harmonized by alternate inhalation and exhalation through nostrils. Perform this Pranayam in meditative pose with left hand in any Mudra or half open on the knee facing up and right hand in Vishnu Mudra.
- Relaxes the body & body systems.
- Maintain the temperature balance in the body from head to toe.
- Keep the body warm in winter & cool in summers.
- Helps in purification of blood & cleansing the nerve channels in body.
- Relaxes & soothes the nervous systems making it efficient & alert.
- Relieves anxiety & depression, checks the alternative mood patterns or mood swings.
- Checks the abnormal diet patterns & regulates the body clock.
- Makes the mind calm & composed.
- Increases the concentration power magically.
- Helps to sit in meditation for long hours if practiced prior to mediation & daily as a routine.
- It sharpens the memory by taking off the load or dispelling the unwanted information from the subconscious.
- Keeps the mind steady and brings clarity of thought.
- Helps in taking the right decision by balancing the pro’s & con’s in any situation.
- Increases the will power & enduring capacity to meet challenges.
- Helps the Kundalini/ vital energy rise by piercing the six major chakras.
- Maintain the honey like consistency of the serpent power/ Kundalini.
- Balances the temperature around the chakras by balancing the heat & cold nerve current.