Gomukh Asana / Cow Head Pose
|Duration||30 seconds to 1 minute|
- Sit in Sit with legs stretched straight.
- Fold the right leg at the base of left hip and left leg over the right thigh.
- Point both the feet sideways like the ears of cow.
- Keep the knees over each other like the jaws of cow.
- Make sure you sit on both the hips. Now stretch the right hand up overhead close to ear and fold it back.
- Take the left hand from down folding it at your back trying to catch hold of hand to hand.
- Look up over head and stay, breathing normally.
- Repeat the same on the other side to complete one cycle of this Asana.
- Strengthens & tones the muscles of the body especially thighs, buttocks, calves, arms, spine & shoulders.
- Massages the abdominal organs & tones up the reproductive organs.
MindInduces mental peace by stimulating the blood circulation to the brain & activating the nervous system.
- Checks the loss of prana.
- Relieves the blockage of prana from the pelvic & pectoral girdles i.e. shoulders & hips region.
- Energizes the solar plexus or Manipur chakra.
- Regulates the Samaan & Vyayan Vaayu.
ContraindicationFrozen hip & shoulder.
Helps InWaste of semen, dyspepsia, indigestion, white discharge, lumbago, insomnia, cardiac trouble, asthma, dysentery, cervical & obesity.
- Surya Namaskar
- Danda Asana
- Vibrations Single Leg
- Samyukta Pada Asana
- Vistrita Pada Asana
- Kurma Asana
- Gomukh Asana
- Mandook Asana
- Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana
- Matseyendra Asana
- Pawan Mukta Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karni Asana
- Bhujang Asana
- Dhanur Asana
- Ushtar Asana
- Kaag Asana
- Natraj Asana
- Shav Asan
- Double Leg Vibrations
- Saalambit Naukasanaa
- Paschimottan Asana
- Ardha Paschimottan Asana
- BhooNaman Asana
- Poorvattan Asana
- Ardha Upavista Konasana
- Parvat Asana
- Bhadra Asana