Mandook Asana / Frog Pose
|Duration||Till you can hold the breath.|
- Sit in Vajrasana and keep your back straight.
- Make a fist of your hand with thumb inside.
- Now breathe in two times deeply and on the 3rd breath exhale and keep the fist exactly under the rib cage.
- Bend down towards thighs.
- Keep the breath held, and leave the shoulders relaxed.
- Keep the elbows loose and feel the gentle massage to abdominal organs due to the pressure of fist.
- Stay there till you can hold the breath.
- Slowly come up, release hands & breathe out normally.
- Repeat it 2-3 times incase of abnormal glucose levels.
Body/ Mind/ Pranic
- Massages the pancreas, liver and spleen with the pressure of the fists as you bend.
- Kindles the gastric fire and improves the digestion.
- Tones and regulates the functioning of the intestines.
- Releases the stiffness of the mid back.
- Tones the abdominal organs and muscles, increases the Pranic Shakti/ energy flow to the abdomen.
- Charges the Manipur chakra /solar plexus.
- Increases blood circulation in the abdomen, torso and brain.
- This Asana activates and balances the Mooladhara and Swadishthana chakra.
ContraindicationAbdominal ulcer, cysts, menstruation, pregnancy, heart ailments, high blood pressure, hyper acidity, migraine, cervical spondilytis, frozen hip and knee joints.
- For Prolapsed Uterus - Keep the fist under lower abdomen and bend.
- Stand on the knees and make a fist of your hands with thumb in.
- Lift the lower abdomen up on the top of the fist by keeping the fist at the joint of thigh or base of abdomen.
- Bend down to the thighs and stay there till you can keep the shoulders & elbows relaxed.
- Whenever you feel like slowly come up.
Helps InDiabetes, obesity, weak digestion, loss of appetite, malfunctioning of liver, intestines and reproductive organs, prolapsed uterus/abdomen, loss of bladder control, obesity and stiffness of mid-back.
- Do not over pressurize the abdominal organs under the weight of the body and pressure of fist.
- Do not make the fist very tight.
- Do not hold tension in your shoulder, head and jaws.
- Do not practice in hyperacidity, full stomach, indigestion, dysentery and diarrhea.
- Normal Hand Position For Prolapsed Uterus
- Surya Namaskar
- Danda Asana
- Vibrations Single Leg
- Samyukta Pada Asana
- Vistrita Pada Asana
- Kurma Asana
- Gomukh Asana
- Mandook Asana
- Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana
- Matseyendra Asana
- Pawan Mukta Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karni Asana
- Bhujang Asana
- Dhanur Asana
- Ushtar Asana
- Kaag Asana
- Natraj Asana
- Shav Asan
- Double Leg Vibrations
- Saalambit Naukasanaa
- Paschimottan Asana
- Ardha Paschimottan Asana
- BhooNaman Asana
- Poorvattan Asana
- Ardha Upavista Konasana
- Parvat Asana
- Bhadra Asana