Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana / Shooting Bow Pose
|Duration||10 to 30 seconds on each side|
- Sit in Danda Asana.
- Stretch your hands and catch hold of the big toe with first two fingers from inside.
- Fold one foot to the same ear by folding the elbow out without lifting the other foot.
- Keep the knee locked.
- Bring the folded foot as close to ear as possible.
- Stay here till you can.
- Slowly release the position by bringing the foot down to initial position.
- Repeat on other side. Make sure you keep the vision fixed on the stretched foot big toe.
Body/ Mind/ Pranic
- Gives a good posterior- anterior stretch to the body.
- Opens up the hip, shoulder & elbow joint.
- Tones up the thighs and calves.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves concentration and memory, strengthens the muscles of thigh, calves, arms and shoulders.
- Activates both the nervous system, sympathetic and parasympathetic.
ContraindicationFrozen hip & shoulders, pregnancy, piles, diarrhea and dysentery.
Helps InIncreases flexibility of the spine and elasticity of ligaments, increases range of motion of hip and shoulders, kidney malfunctioning, poor concentration, lethargic body and stagnant state of mind.
- Do not force the big toe to touch ear, by over stretching thighs or back muscles.
- Do not lean the head towards the big toe.
- Keep the head straight.
- Keep the stretched knee pressed to the floor.
- Surya Namaskar
- Danda Asana
- Vibrations Single Leg
- Samyukta Pada Asana
- Vistrita Pada Asana
- Kurma Asana
- Gomukh Asana
- Mandook Asana
- Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana
- Matseyendra Asana
- Pawan Mukta Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karni Asana
- Bhujang Asana
- Dhanur Asana
- Ushtar Asana
- Kaag Asana
- Natraj Asana
- Shav Asan
- Double Leg Vibrations
- Saalambit Naukasanaa
- Paschimottan Asana
- Ardha Paschimottan Asana
- BhooNaman Asana
- Poorvattan Asana
- Ardha Upavista Konasana
- Parvat Asana
- Bhadra Asana