Matsya Asana / Fish Pose
|Duration||10 to 30 seconds.|
- Lie down on your back on the mat.
- Slide the hands with palms down under the thighs.
- Keeping legs together, lift your head up and look on to your toes.
- Keep on coming up till the weight comes on the elbows.
- Walk the elbows closer.
- Curl head back on floor, pushing the heart up, shoulder away from the ears & legs relaxed
- Stay in the position for sometime & take few deep & long breaths.
- Slowly come back by lifting head up- looking at your toes and slide down on the mat.
- Release the hands.
- Move your neck from side to side 4-5 times.
- Removes stiffness of the cervical, thoracic & lumbar region & increase the flow of nerve current to them.
- Reduces the rounding of the shoulders & massages the shoulder and neck.
- Increase the capacity of the lungs, thereby releasing the bronchial spasms, blockages & the releasing asthma & other respiratory problems.
- Energizes the parathyroid, pituitary and pineal glands.
- Relieves stress & mental agitation, regulates the abnormal moods & negative emotions, thoughts, insecurity etc.
- Increase flow of prana to neck, shoulder region.
- Removes the Pranic blockage from the lungs, stomach & neck.
- Balances the Udaan Vaayu & Vyayan Vaayu.
- Activates the Vishuddha & Anahata chakra & energize the Ajna chakra.
ContraindicationsFavorable for all.
VariationsAdvanced Fish - keeping a bolster under the upper back & dropping the head back on the floor.
Helps inBronchial spasms, asthma, respiratory problems, stiffness of neck & shoulder, malfunctioning of parathyroid glands, balancing & regulating the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Maximum focus on opening up the rib cage.
- Do not put weight of the body on head or legs.
- Do not tense the shoulder, jaws, forehead, eyes, thighs, calves, ankles or toes.
- Surya Namaskar
- Danda Asana
- Vibrations Single Leg
- Samyukta Pada Asana
- Vistrita Pada Asana
- Kurma Asana
- Gomukh Asana
- Mandook Asana
- Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana
- Matseyendra Asana
- Pawan Mukta Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karni Asana
- Bhujang Asana
- Dhanur Asana
- Ushtar Asana
- Kaag Asana
- Natraj Asana
- Shav Asan
- Double Leg Vibrations
- Saalambit Naukasanaa
- Paschimottan Asana
- Ardha Paschimottan Asana
- BhooNaman Asana
- Poorvattan Asana
- Ardha Upavista Konasana
- Parvat Asana
- Bhadra Asana