Natraj Asana / Natraj Pose
|Duration||10 to 30 seconds each side|
- Stand with straight leg and fold the right leg back.
- Breathe in and take the right hand back to grip the folded leg firmly, breathe out.
- Inhale and stretch the left arm up along side the ear.
- Keep the eyes focused, to maintain the balance without releasing the hold on the ankle; slowly begin to shift the line of the body, breathing normally.
- Stretch the right heel away from the buttock. Keep the weight on the left foot without losing balance.
- Slowly, bend forward till the chest, arm become parallel to floor and knee, thigh, hip, spine & arm come in a straight line.
- Relieve the pose in the reverse order and repeat on the other side also.
Body/ Mind/ Pranic
- Imparts balance, stability & calm state of mind to the body.
- Brings flexibility to the spine.
- Allows the nerve current to flow freely in the body to balance Chakras & energizing the body at cellular level.
- Tones up the lower limbs including ankles, calves, thighs & hips.
- Encourages lymphatic drainage increasing the immunity & resistance.
- Increase concentration & focusing ability.
- Makes the mind one pointed & prepares it for meditation.
- Strengthens the lower limbs as it bears the weight of the body one by one.
- Expands the chest cavity & relieves bronchial spasms.
- The symbol “Natraj” is the symbol of cosmic dancer
- Shiva, going in the pose charges the body & mind with dynamism & positively.
- Activates the rudra granthi and the Ajna chakra by channelizing the flow of prana to them.
Contraindication Joint pains, osteoporosis.
Variations Touching the folded legs toe to the head by dropping the head back & lifting the leg higher.
Helps in Balance, stability of mind, increasing concentration & memory, reducing depression & lethargy, arthritis, muscular weakness, poor flexibility, hyperactivity.
- Try to bring the knee, hip, shoulder & arm at same line as you bend.
- Do not look here & there - fix a point & keep your focus constantly on it to maintain balance.
- Do not tense the toes, ankles & shoulders as you balance.
- Surya Namaskar
- Danda Asana
- Vibrations Single Leg
- Samyukta Pada Asana
- Vistrita Pada Asana
- Kurma Asana
- Gomukh Asana
- Mandook Asana
- Akarn Dhanurtaan Asana
- Matseyendra Asana
- Pawan Mukta Asana
- Matsya Asana
- Viparita Karni Asana
- Bhujang Asana
- Dhanur Asana
- Ushtar Asana
- Kaag Asana
- Natraj Asana
- Shav Asan
- Double Leg Vibrations
- Saalambit Naukasanaa
- Paschimottan Asana
- Ardha Paschimottan Asana
- BhooNaman Asana
- Poorvattan Asana
- Ardha Upavista Konasana
- Parvat Asana
- Bhadra Asana