Types of Meditation
Object oriented meditationIn this type of meditation the meditator focuses the attention to any of the one chosen objects:
- Light as in Tratak.Mp3 Download
- Color: VIBGYOR as in rainbow to bring therapeutic effect.
- Chakras: 7 ChakrasMp3 Download
- Mantras : Saguna (related to a particular deity) or Nirguna (universal like Aum, So ham) (look more under the main head “Mantras”)Mp3 Download
- Yantra (geometrical patterns with energy symbols) or various forms like pyramids, crystal ball.
- Picture of God or Goddess or Guru.
- Stream of Thoughts.
- Meditation on Five SheathsMp3 Download
Internal meditationIn this type of meditation the meditator is itself the object of meditation. Basically it is of two types:
- Focusing on breath(paying moment to moment attention to the incoming and outgoing breath without reacting to it ,observing its length, depth, temperature, touch on the areas in and around the nostrils)Mp3 Download
- Focusing on the sensations on the body whether subtle (flow of energy or prana in the body) or gross (in the form of pain, pressure, heat, cold, vibration, perspiration, tingling, itching, burning etc.) without reacting. It is done with moment to moment awareness of the changes in the body at the cellular or sub atomic level.Mp3 Download
- Important Links & Resources
- Mudra ~ Hand Gestures
- Acupressure / Reflexology
- Kitchen Remedies
- Holistic Diet
- Marma & Chinese Massage
- Bach Flower Remedies